|Pairc Community Council|
Page 1 of 2
Pairc Community Council Minutes will appear on this page.
P C C Website: http://www.community-council.org.uk/PaircCommunityCouncil//
Next Scheduled Meeting
Friday 3rd October
Gravir 7.00 pm
All Welcome Agenda to follow
Minutes of meeting held on Friday 2nd May 2008 at Tigh Ceilidh,GravirMembers present: K Macleod, N Campbell, D A Macleod, P Blake, M Alston, D Macleod, P Bailey, K Bailey, M Black In Attendance: Cllr M Munro, Cllr C Macdonald
Members of the public present: D Fleming, J Mackenzie.
The Chairman P Bailey opened the meeting and thanked all for coming
1. Apologies: Z Brown, H Blake, Cllr P McLean.
2. Approval of minutes:Proposed P Blake, Seconded K Macleod
3. Amendments: No amendments
4. Matters arising from previous meeting:
A) Accounts:P Blake now has all books and accounts, all are up to date. Mr R Macritchie has been paid for looking after the skips during the interim of theCommunity Council. The Community Association was given the sum of £350.00 at the end of the last Community Council. Action: P Blake to send accounts to CnES for auditing. Contact bank aboutsignatories.
B) Clerk:All members present agreed the payment of £30 per meeting to the clerk. After discussion it was agreed to open an account for stationary. Action: P Bailey to arrange this.Postage will be arranged by treasurer. Chairman bought up the fact that there is no dedicated computer, printer or scanner for the Community Council. After discussion it was agreed to lookinto acquiring them. Action: K Bailey to write to Christina Smith, Member Services, CnES. All members present agreed that those with e-mail addresses could be sent minutes and agendas via e-mail. Cllr C Macdonald and Cllr M Munro wished to have hard copies sent to them as sometimes they cannot open large attachments.
C) Constitution: D A Macleod intimated the need for a Community Council member to be appointed as spokes person for each individual village. After discussion Cllr M Munro pointed out paragraph 3.1 covered this point. It was agreed that if in future, the need arose for important issues the Community Council would consider appointing a spokes-person per village. M Black felt that after the difficulty of achieving the amount of nominations needed to re-convene a community council the number of nominations should be less.Cllr M Munro pointed out that this could not be done until the CnES review the constitution in autumn 2010. It was agreed by all members to change 6.1 the date of the AGM from April to June 2009, this will give more time for the accounts to be returned from CnES. Action: K Bailey to amend constitution and send to Leslie McDonald at CnES Standing orders: After discussion it was agreed to change some points of the standing orders these should now read as follows:
Point 2 QuorumThe quorum shall be 4 elected members of the community council.
Point 6 Method of Voting Voting shall be by a show of hands or by private ballot if requested by the majority of members present. Where there is an equality of votes the Chairperson shall have a second/casting vote.
Point 7 Notices of Motion
a) Notices of motion can be in the hands of the secretary, preferably in writing, not less than ten days before the meeting at which they are to be discussed.
b) This will no longer be includedPoint 10 Length of Meetings Meetings of the Community Council shall not be longer than 1½ hour in duration. Except in exceptional circumstances, and at the discretion of the chairperson.
Point 11 Meetings of the Council
a) Ordinary meetings of the council shall take place on the first Friday of the month.
b) The Annual General Meeting of the council will take place in June 2009. Action: K Bailey to amend and send to L McDonald, CnES
D) Skips: After discussion, it was agreed to implement a new fixed term rota of 2 week intervals for the skips. The effectiveness of the rota will be reviewed in 3 months. The option of placing a skip on a permanent site in Garyvard will be left open for inclusion (if necessary) at a later date. Action: K Bailey to send letter of thanks and New Rota to R Macritchie, andplace new rota on notice boards. Action: P Bailey to contact CnES with new details.
E) Erisort Trust: P Blake offered to sit on the Erisort Trust. All members present agreed to this.
5.Correspondence: A) A letter received from residence in Garyvard asking the Community Council to look into what SHETL are doing in Garyvard Action: D Macleod to look into this and report back to the next meeting.
B) Constitution consultation 2008: Scottish Community Council Constitution Consultation DraftC) Association of Community Councils in the Western Isles: setting up ofCommunity Council Association in the Western Isles Action: P Bailey to send back acceptance form.
D) E-mail from Cllr P R McLean: An update on what has happened in the interim of Community Councils: Cllr P R McLean has awarded the ward funds for last year and is now looking for organisations to come forward for the coming year. Action: Members to think about this and get back with ideas at next meeting6.AOCB A) Play Park: After discussions it was decided to close the Gravir Play Park until further notice. Action: P Blake to look into the funding and arrange insurance. Action: P Bailey to contact Cllr D I Nicholson with regard to inspections. Action: N Campbell to contact R Macritchie to ascertain his willingness in continuingto maintain the Play Park.
B) Roads/Drainage: The roads and drainage in the area are in need of urgent attention. P Blake requested this to be put on agenda for next meeting. M Black stated that D MacRae CnES already had a program of repairs which are ongoing. Action: P Bailey to contact D MacRae to get an update before next meeting. Action: K Bailey to place on agenda.C) Buses: D Macleod received requests to have timetables in all bus shelters, afternoon buses, and request to villages. M Black also stated that the buses need to be synchronised with the ferries pointing out that various groups such as backpackers visiting Ravenspoint had no connections. Action: K Bailey to contact Cllr P R McLean to ask him to deal with this. D) Grants: Cllr M Munro informed the Community Council that all grants in future will be encompassed under the Community Regeneration Fund.
E) Fences: P Blake was approached by members of the public asking for signs to be put on the newly erected stock proof fencing between Gravir and Lemreway. Action: P Blake to contact Bardon Arregates and report back at next meeting.
F) Website: K Macleod told the Community Council that Erisort Trust has a community web site that we can use for posting minutes and notices. D Macleod also stated that z brown could help in creating our own web site. Action: K Macleod and Z brown to discuss this and bring proposals to the nextmeeting.Meeting closed at 9:30 pm Next meeting 6th June at 7:30pm in the Tigh Ceilidh Gravir